Wednesday 1 July 2009

Sympathy with the postal workers

When I was out campaigning at the Euro elections back in the UK, I noticed something. Every house in Britain seems to have a dog. Some dog owners seem to take a real pleasure in placing menacing pictures in the windows of their houses of the pooch in question. When I was leafletting in Manchester, one front gate had a picture of an attack dog on it, and the following message : "I can reach the gate in 3 seconds - how fast can YOU run?". Clearly someone who doesn't like either visitors or receiving post. Having belted it down more than a few front gardens during the campaign, with a pooch in hot pursuit, I began to feel sympathy for our postal workers.

Now it looks like parliament has decided its time to offer postal workers protection. The Dangerous Dogs Act doesn't cover attacks on private property, and they are looking to extend it. I must admit, the posties do have my sympathy on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to filter out abusive, pointless comments, or people spamming to try and sell stuff. Other than that, feel free to post!